LQ Toronto Forums  

Go Back   LQ Toronto Forums > Madina Arabic Books > Madina Arabic Book 2

Old 07-02-2009, 03:26 PM

Default The Madina Side Books

As-salaamu alaikum,
I have been almost exclusively using the Madinah books and am currently on book 2 Chapter 20. I have just found out there are some side books for the Madinah books and upon a quick glance through them they seem interesting.
My question is when is one supposed to have used them? During or after each Madinah book. The arabic in these side books seem to be a little bit too strong for those on the corresspondng Madinah book (at least for Book 1).
My second question is I've come across these 2 books (A Grammar of the Arabic Language by Caspari & Wright and A new Arabic Grammar of the written Language by Haywood & Nahmad) from a link I followed on this forum and found them quiet interseting. I'm keen on aquiring a reference book like these but can not make a choice between them, can some recommend one please? or is there another one even better? Thank you.
Last but not the least is I bought the book "501 Arabic Verbs" and found it quiet handy, I'd recommend it to brothers if I may.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:02 PM

Walaikumsalaam

1) When to go through the book besides the madinah book would depend on which book you are doing.

2) The book you mention in your 2nd question seems like a modern arabic grammar, if it is than i wouldnt advise you to use it. Rather there are better books. e.g arabic tutor. There are alot of grammar books in arabic too.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:34 PM

what are the side books u hve comeacross?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohadsha View Post
As Salaamu Alaikum

http://www.lisanularab.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15 Go through this website and in particular this subforum is the answer to your question. If you need a copy of a particular file let me now.

There are different fields e.g nahw, sarf, adab ......
Old 07-27-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmp_31
1) When to go through the book besides the madinah book would depend on which book you are doing.
I'm currently completing book 2 of Madinah Book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohadsha View Post
check the bottom of this page.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:04 PM

[quote=MKK;488]I'm currently completing book 2 of Madinah Book.
QUOTE]

My advice is buy Hanswehr and start going through qasas. If you dont understand something you can always post here.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:27 PM

[quote=mmp_31;489]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKK View Post
I'm currently completing book 2 of Madinah Book.
/QUOTE]

My advice is buy Hanswehr and start going through qasas. If you dont understand something you can always post here.
Hans Wehr Dictionary? I've got it, good book. I saw Mawrid two weeks ago and thought it wonderful, it gives synonyms something I've been longing to get my hands on. Allah (SWT) has used lot of words synonymously in the Holy Qur'an which, if I understand it well have slight differences (Bayt & Daar, Khashiya & Khaafa, Jaa a & Ataa etc). but what I've learnt is there are different versions of the Mawrid. I shall probably get me one Insha-Allah.
I bought the Qisaas-ul-Anbiya but unfortunately I bought one that was a bit too complicated (different Author), it was not till later in Madinah book 2 that I came across the one that you may be refering to. I'll look for it Insha-Allah
Thank you.

Last edited by MKK; 07-29-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:20 PM

[quote=MKK;490]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmp_31 View Post

Hans Wehr Dictionary? I've got it, good book. I saw Mawrid two weeks ago and thought it wonderful, it gives synonyms something I've been longing to get my hands on. Allah has used lot of words synonymously in the qur'an which, if I understand it well have slight differences (Bayt & Daar, Khashiya & Khaafa, Jaa a & Ataa etc). but what I've learnt is there are different ones. I shall probably get me one Insha-Allah.
I bought the Qisaas-ul-Anbiya but unfortunately I bought one that was a bit too complicated (different Author), it was till later in Madinah book 2 I came across the one that you may be refering to. I'll look for it Insha-Allah
Thank you.
Get qasasun nabiyeen by Shaykh Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi and the best print iv seen of it is by UK Islamic academy. There was another post I made wherein I mentioned the books which would be benficial to read, try to do those books.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:31 AM

Default madina side books

as salaam alaikum: once you complete book 3 your're have a better understanding of these books. the side books are qira ah, tabir, hadeeth, fiqh, there are other side books that goes with book 1 2 3 and 4. you can find these books on fatwa online (arabic language 2 year program), and also have dictionary ( al-mawrid). the side books will help you read, speak , write and understand the arabic language. May Allah increase you in knowledge. Barak Allah Fekum