PDA

View Full Version : There's a fourth madina book

sinimmar
12-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Esselamu Aleykum

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I live in Turkey and in here there are four parts of madina books published, but in your site and forums the fourth one isn't mentioned about.

Won't we be able to speak about the fourth one? Why is it not mentioned?

Ma'assalam!

Aaishah
12-29-2010, 10:10 AM
wa 'alaykummussalaam wa raHmatullaah Brother sinimmar,

The Madinah Arabic Course we teach on the Forum, are the three Arabic Language Books which are part of the Arabic Language syllabus at the Islaamic University of Madinah.

The syllabus is a two-year syllabus authored and compiled by the Shaykh Dr. V. Abdur Rahim. It has in it - along with the 3 Madinah Books - many other valuable books which help the student apply all his knowledge and skills gained from the Madinah Books, into various other fields of learning such as Qiraa'ah and Ta'biir (development of reading and expression), as well as the heavy focus given on developing the student's iimaan and Islaam though the lessons in Tafsiir, Tajwiid, Stories of the Prophets etc.

Perhaps you are referring to one of the books from the syllabus as 'the fourth part' of the Madinah course?

Some students have referred to our Shaykh's Advanced Qur'aanic Arabic Course - named:

'Selections From the Glorious Qur'aan - With Lexical and Grammatical Notes'

- as 'Madinah Book 4'.

They say this since the advanced course is geared for those who have graduated from the 3 Madinah Books.

Regarding the Shaykh's 2-year syllabus as well as the advanced course, then we have presented both on the forum and encourage everyone to benefit from these profound materials.

The Shaykh's 2-year Arabic Language Syllabus and accompanying Islaamic books, can be downloaded for free from here - reply # 3:

http://www.lqtoronto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548

The advanced Qur'aanic Arabic course, a review and extract, is at this link:

http://www.lqtoronto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547

Source: "Where To Go After the Madinah Books".

It is possible that Madinah Book 3 has been printed in two parts in Turkey, and called 'the fourth part'.

Wassalaam

sinimmar
12-29-2010, 11:39 AM
السلام عليكم

Dear Sister Aaishah,

I am a humble member of your society for more than one year and I saw nearly every parts of your most remarkable site and forum. May Allah bless you for all of the disinterested works. I am giving the link of the book set:

http://www.limonkitap.com/kitap/anadili-arapca-olmayanlar-icin-arapca-dersleri-takim-4-kitap-durusu-l-lugati-l-arabiyye-p465963.html

This set was published by a Turkish publisher. The cover was made in Turkish, but inside is exactly the same.

As I first saw the set, I thought that this set was exactly the same as the 3-book set, only the division was different. Then one of my friends said that the fourth was an additional book other than 3-books. I saw the forth one today and I am surprised it really is different.

It has the same page design and the subjects are new. I am going to look and send you something about its contents inshaaAllah.

May Allah protect you from all evil...

sinimmar
12-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Dear Aaishah,

Now I went to the bookstore and took the forth book in my hands. Since I don't have a copy I took some notes from it and I want to share them with you:

At the contents page the subjects are listed like this:

۱- اللزوم والتعدي...إلخ.
۲- باب ((فاَعَلَ))...إلخ.
۳- باب ((تفعّل))...إلخ.
٤- باب ((تفاعل))...إلخ.
۱٧- الممنوع من الصرف
and three additional appendices.

First chapter has a topic as: بعد صلاة العصر

At the beginning of the book, there's a foreword by Dr. Abdurraheem and he says that this is the 4th book of Duruus'ul Lughatil Arabiyye li Ghayrinnatiqiina Bihaaa.

At the end of the foreword there's date: ه ۱٤۲٤

What would you say?

Aaishah
12-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Dear Aaishah,

Now I went to the bookstore and took the forth book in my hands. Since I don't have a copy I took some notes from it and I want to share them with you:

At the contents page the subjects are listed like this:

۱- اللزوم والتعدي...إلخ.
۲- باب ((فاَعَلَ))...إلخ.
۳- باب ((تفعّل))...إلخ.
٤- باب ((تفاعل))...إلخ.
۱٧- الممنوع من الصرف
and three additional appendices.

First chapter has a topic as: بعد صلاة العصر

At the beginning of the book, there's a foreword by Dr. Abdurraheem and he says that this is the 4th book of Duruus'ul Lughatil Arabiyye li Ghayrinnatiqiina Bihaaa.

At the end of the foreword there's date: ه ۱٤۲٤

What would you say?

Assalaamu 'alaikum our Brother sinimmar,

What you have conveyed is very interesting.

I shall contact our Shaykh Abdur Rahim himself to get the 'hard facts' and will come back to you with the Shaykh's response.

Let us hope the Shaykh is available to respond.

Jazaakallaah khayran for your kind du'aas.

May Allaah benefit and enrich us.

Wassalaam

sinimmar
12-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Dear Sister Aaishah,

I am very sorry to bother you. There's such a mistake that made me think like this. I downloaded some of the documents from LQtoronto and some from fatwaonline. Until today, I didn't recognize that your third book is made up of 303 pages and my copy is made up of 150 pages.

I studied this wonderful book in 1998-2000 and that copy of the 3rd one was very thick.

But there are two kinds of publications came out of Al-Shaikh Dr. Abdurrahim. In our publication there are 17 chapters and the forth one begins with 1.

But now I see that your copy's chapter number 18. is exactly the same with the 1 of 4th of ours.

O.K. There's no problem.

Additionally I'm very very happy about the fact that me and my friends will study this sweet book for more time than we have thought.

May Allah Bless you for all your help...!

irf2k
12-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Waalaikum Assalam

I understand that the University of Madina has split the book three into 2 parts.
Therefore if you go to Madina University site you'll find 4 books.
They contain the same material as the original 3 books.

Wasalam

Aaishah
12-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Waalaikum Assalam

I understand that the University of Madina has split the book three into 2 parts.Therefore if you go to Madina University site you'll find 4 books.
They contain the same material as the original 3 books.

Wasalam

Assalaamu 'alaikum

Br. irf2k - you are right.

I contacted our Shaykh - as mentioned above - and the Shaykh clarified this as follows:

quote-----------

Book Four:

Islamic University has divided Madinah Book Three into two parts:

Book Three & Book Four,

because the course duration is four levels, and they wanted to have one book for each level.

end quote--------

Wassalaam

sinimmar
12-30-2010, 06:41 AM
Dear irf2k and Aaisha;

Thanks for your kind replies. May be this conversation will be useful for vanishing a confusion.

It's obvious that in some sites those who uploaded the first half of the 3rd book didn't add the second half. So everywhere there are three book sets. But some are not complete..

LQToronto is the right place for everything as it comes to Madina Books and our beloved Shaikh Abdurrahim. :)

I am glad to know you!!!