PDA

View Full Version : Study plan or Teaching plan for Madinah Books Course

essamughal
05-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Assalam-o-alaikum;

First of all, May Allah give you great reward for running this wonderful forum.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question, you can help it to direct to the right place, if this wrong:

My question is:

1- For Students, Is there any study plan available to complete 3 Madinah Books, like what is the best approach to complete the course in optimal duration using online videos?

2- Similarly, for teacher, is there any teaching plan available, so that after completing 3 books, if someone stands up and want to teach, how many hours per week he should teach or what is the minimum time (in months or hours) should be devoted to cover each book. I want to know best minimum time, I can understand there is no limit for maximum, however It would be great if I can get some expert advice on it.

I will appreciate your help.

Allah Hafiz
Essa Mughal

benss
05-31-2012, 05:05 PM
Assalam-o-alaikum;

1- For Students, Is there any study plan available to complete 3 Madinah Books, like what is the best approach to complete the course in optimal duration using online videos?

From my own experience of students of Ustadh Assif (May Allah enlighten his life), I've followed all videos (i haven't finished book 3 yet
but almost finished inchaAllah), but I can't tell you whether there is a kind of "optimal duration".

Of course, the more regular you are, the fresher your apprenticeship will be and the less risk you'll "get lost" through the lessons, as far as
you maintain the pace.

I understand your worries and as we (all of us I guess) are quite busy along days, months and years, and in such a way that we don't realize
how fast time is passing and how precious is this small peace of life. So, my advice (NaSÓhati), and it is also an advice for msyelf when writing,
is that one has to seek Allah's help for performing such a noble task (knowledge of the language of the Quran), second have confidence in
Allah, and finally one should make every instant of his time profitable to hold tight and to not give-up.

Personally, again, I was in a period like "lying to myself" thinking like: "I'll find time later, when I'll have time" by postponing everytime this noble
duty which weighted on my shoulders. The time passes and you realize that you could have done many things in the meanwhile. In other words, often people think how to organize a schedule...but never start. Even one our a week is good. Just hold on.

Lastly and of course, if you can devotate a amount of time like a month, I think it is better. When I've start medina books, I've devoted my last summer
holidays of Ramadan only in following Ustadh Assif's videos, and I was quiet efficient hamdulill‚h. I was only doing Medina books and I had performed completion of Book 2 and up to half of Book 3 in one month. I'm not saying that to brag about it, but just to tell you that it is possible.

You'll see inchaAllah the fruit of such a noble knowledge is sweetly-honeyed.
Honestly, and without exagerating: I had a life before Medina books, and now I have a life after Medina books.
And All is from Allah's Mercy.
This was and is still such a pleasure, that I came to a point where....
;

2- Similarly, for teacher, is there any teaching plan available, so that after completing 3 books, if someone stands up and want to teach, how many hours per week he should teach or what is the minimum time (in months or hours) should be devoted to cover each book. I want to know best minimum time, I can understand there is no limit for maximum, however It would be great if I can get some expert advice on it.

...I teach :D. The experience of teaching is an unvaluable experience if one wants to consolidate and master what was learnt so far. One used to say:
"
what I hear I forget,
what I see I remember,
what I do I understand...
"
but I would add:

"...what I teach I master"

Finally, to answer concretly to you last 2nd question, I teach in a 5 hours non-stop session every week-end. That's the only format we find
appropriate with the brothers I'm teaching to.

Sorry, for the very very very late reply.

sis_feli
06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Assalmualeykum, there was also another reply here: http://lqtoronto.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4851#post4851 inshaAllah it may be helpful. I have found currently I am able to do 1 DVD a week.